Scholarships, Awards, and Financial Assistance
School Based Awards
To be considered for any Graduation Awards, you must complete a Grad Awards Application and submit it to the Guidance office by Feb. 28th, 2023. This Application will be made available to you via Hapara workspace under the title SJH Graduate Scholarships and Awards.
- The Ottawa Catholic School Board offers various awards for graduating students.
- St. Joseph High School and its various community partners also offer awards for St. Joseph HS graduating students.
- The School Letter Application Form can be found outside of Student Services. School Letters represent being an all around good student, and participant in school activities. School Letter Applications are due in Student Services in early June!
Each College and University has its own array of awards and scholarships.
- Some are automatic (no application required), a.k.a. Entrance Scholarships
- Other awards require an application.
- Contact the individual school websites for more information.
Private Industry Awards
- Many companies offer student scholarships to study at the post secondary level.
- Applying for scholarships and awards takes time, dedication, and perseverance.
- Parents and students should check with their employers, parish and community agencies for possibilities.
- For a more extensive search of private industry awards, we highly recommend www.scholarshipscanada.com and www.yconic.com and www.scholartree.ca
What is OSAP
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) is a financial aid program that can help you pay for college or university.
OSAP offers funding through:
- grants: money you don’t have to pay back
- a student loan: money you need to repay once you’re done school
When you apply for OSAP, you are automatically considered for both grants and a loan. If you don’t want to take a loan, and you’re a full-time or part-time student, you can decline it after your application is approved.
What can OSAP help you pay for?
- books and equipment
- fees charged by your school
- living expenses (full-time students only)